Stockpile, Reclaim, Management and Maintenance Systems
for various East Coast Coal Mine Clients
Please note that projects listed on this page are older, or more recent but we can’t find project pictures!
Glencore Liddell Mine EPCM to design, tender and Project Manage ROM Primary Sizing System Upgrade
- iPUT personnel undertook survey, geotech, electrical, mechanical, structural and civil design and prepared all tender documents and then performed all detailed engineering, design and project management to see the project to a successful conclusion.
- Found much more economical solutions than originally envisaged
- Despite serious force majeure failures by others, the project mgt team achieved schedule
- And budget!
- “Thanks for the brilliant job you did sorting out an answer for a bad situation that Liddell had with sizing” Always nice to get that…
Rix’s Creek Design & Construct 120,000t Stockpile Tunnel Reclaim and Rail Loading System
- 120m long reclaim tunnel with escape tunnel
- 420m long 3,500 tph 1500mm wide reclaim conveyor with elevated gantries feeding an 1,800 tonne rail loading bin
- Four 2,000 tph flow control feed gates to feed the reclaim conveyor from the stockpile
- Design only of the 1,800 tonne rail Loading Bin and Foundations
Vickery Mine 100,000t Stockpile Reclaim System
- 100m long reclaim tunnel with escape tunnel and chamber
- 250m long 4,000 tph 1600mm wide reclaim conveyor with elevated gantries feeding an 1,000 tonne rail loading bin
- Two Malco 4,000 tph stockpile dischargers with flow control gates
Thiess Contractors Upper Hunter Operations – Facility Management Contract
Thiess operated a major workshop facility in the upper Hunter Valley providing Fabrication, Maintenance and Construction capabilities to the Coal Mining industry in the Hunter Valley. We were awarded the Management contract for the facility to provide full Project, Construction and General Management services to Thiess for all their construction works in the mining industry in the Hunter Valley.
During our two year contract for these services to the facility we were successful in securing major projects in a number of mines in the Hunter Valley and turned the facility from an operation which had suffered a number of years of negative results to one which showed strong positive returns for the duration of our contract, and providing Thiess with a saleable asset.
Kenmare Mine Underground & Surface Conveyor Maintenance Contract
iPUT’s principals implemented and operated a full conveyor maintenance management system for Kenmare Mine in the Bowen basin, Qld. See www.iput.com.au/projects/ken-oc. This produced significant gains for the mine from the performance based services provision contract entered into. A 24 hour operational crew of typically 30 personnel were engaged to provide maintenance and capital upgrade conveyor system services as the mine development process and longwall installation occurred. This contract was regarded as highly successful by all parties, but was terminated after 2 years due to a buried longwall and a somewhat adversarial acquisition of the mine by a neighbour.
West Wallsend Longwall Modules
Design construct project to supply longwall module sleds and equipment. Modular sled design developed for fast track construction. Fully assembled and tested prior to transport underground. Multiple manufacture sites to allow very tight schedule to be met.
Minor Projects and Maintenance Work
In addition to the above projects, many minor projects and investigations have been conducted across multiple mine sites ranging from provision of better access to conveying and washery capacity upgrades and major repairs.
We have also been requested to provide shutdown planning, construction management, and auditing / review / overview functions for projects / maintenance activities undertaken directly by our clients.
Community Service – Certification of Acrobatic Structure and Facade for Youth Street Newcastle Mattara Festival Event
- Entertainment for an appreciative audience
- Demonstration of Community skills and kindness of the performers
- Ensured safety of public and property for a charitable event (The “Hide” is deliberately rickety looking)